Sunday, December 30, 2007

Vacation in progress ;-)

I just ended 2/3 of my 3 weeks vacation :-)
2 weeks of total laziness when you may read books, play with different programs [or as in my case try to internationalize OOo2GD and add some new features to it ;-)] and rest makes you curious how it is with vacations in other countries.
I read article about it on Wikipedia (Vacation on wiki), and I must admit, I'm happy to live in European Union country :-)
During reading of this article I was most confused by the fact that in USA law does not require employers to grant any vacation or holidays to employees.... It's really suxx.
I prefer 26 days of paid vacation, public health care, public and obligatory retirement program rather then cheep gas... [for those who read it and live outside Poland 1 liter of gas costs between 4.2-4.5 PLN, this is 1.15-1.25 Euro or 1.7-1.8 USD [it's 6.45-6.93 USD per gallon, but most of our cars use 5-6 liters per 100 km, and it's about 0.03 gallon per mile]]
OK, calm down ;-) [it was my left biased part ;-)]
As I wrote at begin of this post ;-) I'm after 2 weeks of 3 weeks vacation ;-) I thought that I spent this time more productive, but I prefer to rest ;-)
I think my plans about watching Buffy and Angel on DVD must wait till I will back to work and to Cracow ;-) work helps in organize day plan ;-)


Similar postsbeta
What sux in G1?
2016...
It's alive... still ;-)
Why it isn't working???
Borders, immigrants and so on

No comments:

Post a Comment