Saturday, December 15, 2007

Why it isn't working???

I got some reports from users of my OOo2GD extension. It looks that under Linux, and from this what I may see mainly under Ubuntu, Google Docs menu doesn't appear after installation of OOo2GD.
In most of those systems helps resolution #1 from Known Issues published on project wiki. Also version 0.5 looks to work without problems.

From this what I know only two files may be connected with this problem, first is Addons.xcu [file with description of extension, this is a place where OpenOffice.org looks to check what should put into menu, where to search code and which applications from pack should see this extension], second is one of classes called GDocs [it's first class loaded by OpenOffice.org, and in this class is coded dispatcher called by OpenOffice where it tries to show menu of extension, and when user use menu items of extension].

Problem is that those two files are almost identical between version 0.5 and 0.6.
In 0.6 I added to Addons.xcu line for narrowing set of applications in pack where AddOn should be visible. In GDocs I simply made small refactoring by moving direct using of literals to using of constants.........

I made small experiment and copied Addons.xcu from version 0.5 to 0.6, but problem still occurs on my Ubuntu........ It looks that I must search harder :-)

[why I wrote this? In my first company [Aksel or AKSEL-NET] we used to wrote monthly reports, it was boring and rather ineffective but sometimes it helps me to find solution of some problems, so I wrote it here to organize my thoughts :-)]


Similar postsbeta
Vacation in progress ;-)
Early access version of OOo2GD 1.7.0 with partial MacOS support
OpenOffice.org2GoogleDocs and Apple - first try ;-)
OOo2GD 2.1.1 is ready :-)
ePubGenerator v0.0.3 - from OpenOffice.org to EPUB :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment