Sunday, June 25, 2017

Watchdog....

Sometime ago I build with Rasbperry Pi detector of this if I'm using my desk in sit or stand mode.

It uses 2 ultrasound detectors, one is looking on ceiling, second is looking from desk in direction where I should be.

And it works :-)
It even sends me e-mails each day with info how long I spend sitting and standing.

And everything would be perfect... but sometimes something cause whole detector to hang.
It seems that somehow code doesn't return from GPIO reading.
And my detector stops to work.

I was trying to identify problem, but its rare and difficult to catch.
So I used other solution ;-) tested multiple times in microcontrollers...

I added watchdog ;-) if main program of detector will not report longer than 60 seconds whole Raspberry Pi reboots :-)


Similar postsbeta
Lemon battery...
Tech debts collectors in action ;-)
Blindfold programming
Download your document in choosen format from Google Docs with OOo2GD 1.8.0 :-)
It seems that meditation helps ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment