Sunday, March 26, 2017

Borders, immigrants and so on

I have big problem with borders.

Maybe not exactly with borders but whole idea of "protecting" access to countries.

I can understand that country may don't want to get new people who were criminals, I'm OK with situation when country don't want to get new people with too low education, I'm even OK with stopping people which are too old, or too young.
I can understand that countries may don't want to increase spendings.

But I don't understand why people with university diploma, who are paying taxes, but was born outside country need to get special permissions.

In Poland we have now some people from Ukraine, and from this what I heard all of them need special permissions to work.
Those I know works in IT, and in IT we need a lot of people. More important than country of origin is this if given person have good technical level.

It strange. I always thought that the best will be to open borders to let all people in, or out if they like.
Yes, some local folks may have problems because people outside country will be better suited to work, but I'm not sure if it is OK to prefer some people to work only because they are from here...
Of course, if those are taxi drivers it may make sense ;-) or if they are teachers teaching Polish, but factory workers, programmers and so on... If they are better qualified to do work, why not to let them work?

OK, there may be problems with this that they are ready to work for less, and here I don't have idea how to resolve it, but those permissions and similar things are for all kinds of workers.
As far as I know people outside Poland in IT have similar/the same salaries like Poles.

If there are immigrants who like to live here, they should be able to do it.
One, important thing, they need to play with our rules. So they need to respect our law.

Similar postsbeta
Vacation in progress ;-)
Know country behind apps on your phone....
2016...
Programmers love to over complicate...
I'm close to decide to abandon Linux.....

No comments:

Post a Comment